Almost every girl at some point in her life dreams about marrying a Prince and becoming a Princess. Kate Middleton is about to become royalty very soon, however after reading this list of “Royal Rules” I don’t know if it is all it’s cracked up to be.
[photogallerylink id=20996]1. People may not address her as ‘Kate’
Once married, her official title is “Her Royal Highness Princess William of Wales.” People can refer to her as Catherine or Catherine in Spanish, but “Kate” and not be used.
2. She will not have the right to vote
Both the Queen and members of the family have the right to vote, but the royalty considers it unconstitutional and that it violates the real desire to represent all sections of society, including minorities.
3. She cannot aspire to political office
For the same reason mentioned in point 2.
4. She cannot escape public observation
The future princess will have to avoid exhibitionism. She will have the approval and rejection from the public. She will always be in the sights of the people, the press and the rest of the world.
5. She cannot play Monopoly
In 2008, Prince Andrew, Duke of York, said the royal family was not allowed to play Monopoly at home because “it was a very vicious game.”
6. She cannot express issues that cause controversy
She cannot disclose publicly her political, social, or sexual preferences and she cannot accept large amounts of money from the “business” for an interview with her husband.
7. She cannot eat seafood
The royal family does not eat seafood for fear of getting sick or poisoned.
8. She cannot perform any work
Although Kate has a degree in Art History, she may not work for money while she is part of the royal family but is allowed to make official activities and charitable causes and supporting her husband Williams on official missions.
9. She cannot sign papers which are not official
Kate cannot sign autographs or anything other than official papers already authorized by the Queen, just so her signature doesn’t get forged, But she could sign some papers and government regulation in lieu of her husband.
10. She cannot finish her meal
If Kate was eating slower than the Queen, she must quit although she may have recently started her plate. In Britain, when the queen finishes her meal, all guests must do it also.
Are these rules understandable or ridiculous? Vote in our poll!
Recent Royal Wedding News from NOW 100.5:
- Royalists Camped Outside Waiting For The Royal Wedding! [Photos]
- NOW Snapshots: Kate Middleton [Photos]
- Prince William Having Wedding Jitters?
- Kate Middleton Is Doing Her Own Makeup For The Royal Wedding
- Royal Wedding Programme Released!
- The Duchess Of York Told To Disappear On Royal Wedding Day!
- William And Kate Attend Wedding Rehearsal
- Royal Wedding Drinking Game
Recent Headlines from NOW 100.5: