A Texas stay-at-home-mom-blogger found a very moldy tampon in her box of Kotex! You have got to see the picture of this thing… and what’s even worse is the initial response she received from them!
She has updated her blog but this is part of the response she received from them at first:
We understand how distressing it can be to find mold on a product that is used for personal hygiene and apologize for your concern. In instances where it has been found, we conducted tests on the product involved and have found the mold to be a common environmental species that carries no health risk. The vegetative mold is similar in nature to mold on vegetables or in baked goods.
So basically they told her “it’s normal and it’s not a health risk”!
Click here to see the pictures of this thing… you tell me if this looks dangerous.
Click here to see her update with the second response from Kotex.