The 63rd annual Miss USA pageant was held last night in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. If you watched, you know the winner was Nia Sanchez, Miss Nevada! Nia was born in Sacramento and later moved to Nevada.
Related: Check out Miss USA 2014 Photos
She also has a background working as a Disney princess at Disneyland Hong Kong! During the competition, she revealed that she is a fourth degree black belt in taekwondo, a sport she took up to defend herself and gain confidence after spending time at a women’s shelter with her mom. Now 24, Us Weekly noted she volunteers at similar shelters and educates others on “stranger danger.” Her next step is the Miss Universe competition, which takes place this fall.
More Stories You May Like:
- Tinder: What To Say In Your Opening Line (And What To Avoid)
- A Dive Tour To View The Titanic Begins Next Year
- Selena Gomez Laughs Off Joke About Liking Canadians [VIDEO]
- Sacramento Is One Of The Top Cities In The Country With Highest Percent Of Overweight Adults
- Watch Carrie Underwood Do Yoga With Her ‘Workout Partner’, Her Son [VIDEO]