The 63rd annual Miss USA pageant was held last night in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. If you watched, you know the winner was Nia Sanchez, Miss Nevada! Nia was born in Sacramento and later moved to Nevada.
Related: Check out Miss USA 2014 Photos
She also has a background working as a Disney princess at Disneyland Hong Kong! During the competition, she revealed that she is a fourth degree black belt in taekwondo, a sport she took up to defend herself and gain confidence after spending time at a women’s shelter with her mom. Now 24, Us Weekly noted she volunteers at similar shelters and educates others on “stranger danger.” Her next step is the Miss Universe competition, which takes place this fall.
More Stories You May Like:
- Little Caesars Location Receives Love After Posting This Message To Homeless Man [Photo]
- Say Hello To California’s New State ….Dinosaur? [PIC]
- Town To Fine Trick-Or-Treaters Over 16 Years Old
- Demi Lovato Named Global Citizen Mental Health Ambassador
- Girl Tries Playing Game Boy, Frustrated With No Touchscreen [VIDEO]