The 63rd annual Miss USA pageant was held last night in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. If you watched, you know the winner was Nia Sanchez, Miss Nevada! Nia was born in Sacramento and later moved to Nevada.
Related: Check out Miss USA 2014 Photos
She also has a background working as a Disney princess at Disneyland Hong Kong! During the competition, she revealed that she is a fourth degree black belt in taekwondo, a sport she took up to defend herself and gain confidence after spending time at a women’s shelter with her mom. Now 24, Us Weekly noted she volunteers at similar shelters and educates others on “stranger danger.” Her next step is the Miss Universe competition, which takes place this fall.
More Stories You May Like:
- Little Tykes Recalling More Than Half Million Baby Swings
- ▶️️ Ellen Sent An Entire High School Senior Class To College
- Study: Kids Whose Parents Made Them Do Chores Are More Successful
- 📷 Amal Clooney’s Baby Bump Stole The Show At César Awards
- Karl Lagerfeld Says Meryl Streep Wants To Be Paid To Wear Chanel