(Rifle, Colorado) – Would you feel comfortable if a waitress took your order in a restaurant with a loaded gun holstered to her waist? This is the environment Shooters restaurant in the town of Rifle has created. Perhaps embracing the city’s name, all the girls in Shooters not only carry loaded weapons during their shifts, they are also encouraged to do so by management.
Colorado is among a few states that have “open carry” gun laws, which is the reason the restaurant was named Shooters last year.
“We encourage it, and the customers love that they can come here and express their rights,” explained owner Lauren Boebert to The Post Independent.
Some may be uncomfortable with the idea of armed staff serving them, but others have no issues with it.
“We think it’s just fine. We’re very positive about it,” said visitor Wayne Greenwald from Michigan. “We carry guns ourselves and own a rifle, shotgun and handguns. We live in a very small town and we take care of our own crime problems.”
Crime problems, in general, have been low in Rifle, and their last shooting-related death was in 2001. For Colorado as a whole, there have been 117 gun-related murders since 2010. California, on the other hand, has had the most gun-related murders since 2010 with a startling 1,811 lives taken.
While Shooters allows all of its customers to bring guns, their sign on the front does advise, “Please keep all weapons holstered unless need arises. In such case, judicious marksmanship is appreciated.”
-Ashley Quadros, KZZO/Sacramento
MORE WEIRD NEWS:
- Bill Cosby To Be Arrested!
- Miss Colombia Is Offered Different Crown After Miss Universe
- Weird News Wednesday: Worst Christmas Proposal Ever?
- Mother-Of-Two Drinks Air Freshener To Satisfy ‘Fresh Linen’ Cravings!
- Woman Wants Anullment Because Husband Is Too Well Endowed ~ Weird News Wednesday
Even More Stories:
- Betty White On ‘Golden Girls’ Reboot: ‘I’d Want To Do It’ [VIDEO]
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Premiere Canceled Amid Backlash Of Animal Abuse
- Jennifer Aniston Opens Up About Wanting To Return To Television
- “Taylor Swift” Pranked Actress Nina Dobrev, And It Didn’t End Well [VIDEO]
- FREE Epipen Alternatives Are Hitting The Market