Happy Halloween!!! Are you ready to have some candy tonight?! Reader’s Digest has a list of 14 mind-blowing facts about your favorite Halloween candies. Here they are!
1. Candy sales are HUGE this time of year! We’ll put it this way: out of the 157 million people who celebrate Halloween, more than 141 million buy candy.
2. The most popular Halloween candy is Reese’s!
3. Every year, about $2.1 billion in candy is sold on average.
4. Halloween isn’t the most popular holiday for candy. Easter is with $2.4 billion spent annually on average.
5. More than half of the Halloween candy money is spent on chocolate.
6. Kids can eat up to somewhere between 3,500 and 7,000 calories on Halloween!
7. It wasn’t always candy corn! The iconic holiday treat used to be called Chicken Feed.
Halfway there! Read the rest of the list HERE!