Black Friday is NEXT Friday! Hard to believe, right? I feel like just yesterday it was summer! If you’re anything like me, you’ve barely prepared yourself for the upcoming madness. The good news is E! Online came up with a list of tips for surviving it.
1. Make a list! I imagine this will make things a lot easier and prevent you from buying stuff for yourself, as long as you stick to it!
2. Just accept the crowds. There’s going to be crowds. You already know this. Do some yoga and/or meditating after your Thanksgiving fest to better prepare mentally.
3. Have a plan of attack. Print out a map of the mall beforehand. Mark which stores you need to go to and find the easiest path to get to each.
4. Research the deals. I wish every retailer was simple. “40% off the entire store!” Unfortunately, that’s not the case, but they make finding their deals online and in the papers easy. Preparation is key to survival.
5. B.Y.O.B. Bring your own bag. It’s environmentally friendly and potentially more comfortable while walking through the crowds. (And I won’t judge if you sneak a flask into the mall too.)
6. Have a backup gift. You can’t always get what you want. Remember there are other great brands out there with similar products that could be cheaper! If that’s not the case, simply think of another gift in advance.
7. Bring your own food. Chances are you’re going to be out for a couple of hours. You’re going to get hungry and stuck in the longest line for Starbucks and/or Subway you’ve ever seen. Bring your own snacks and drinks to avoid all that!
8. Bring a buddy. I have to be honest. I like Black Friday shopping alone. I can weave in and out of people without a tail. However, if you plan on grabbing some big items, you’re going to need help. Find a friend.
9. Stay at home. Orrr you can just avoid it altogether. My Christmas gifts to my family and friends is my presence. I got a plane ticket home, and they’re all content with that. Well, I’m also going to get them booze, but the truth is it’s for all of us.
Hope these were helpful! If I had to add one, it would be to take a taxi. Parking will likely give you the biggest headache, so avoid it. With that said, GOOD LUCK!