Cat Saves Humans From Carbon Monoxide In Home

Animals are just good at knowing when something is wrong, aren’t they?

Gracie, a Maine Coon cat, saved her humans from carbon monoxide poisoning one night after they fell asleep. She sensed that something was wrong, and started to pound at the door. Over and over, enough that it woke them up from near-death.

They woke up feeling sick, dizzy, like they couldn’t move. Annette said she felt like she was having a heart attack, and Kevin was suffering from slurred speech. He called his kids to see where they were, and Annette managed to get 911 on the phone after having to slide down the stairs on her side. All she was able to tell the operator was that she couldn’t breathe, and the address.

It turned out that a vent on their tankless gas water heater was frozen shut, and there was a huge amount of carbon monoxide in the home. All thanks to Gracie, the 8-year-old Maine Coon cat, they’re alive today. Always have carbon monoxide detectors in your home, and remember to check the batteries too.

Source.

More from Darik
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From NOW 100.5 FM

Get The App
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live