16-Year-Old Died From Too Much Caffeine

A high school student from South Carolina has died from too much caffeine.

Davis Allen Cripe collapsed during class after having 3 caffeinated beverages within a 2 hour span; a cafe latte, large Diet Mountain Dew and an energy drink.

The large amount of caffeine caused an arrhythmia, or abnormal heart rhythm.

CNN reported that the autopsy showed that Cripe had no un-diagnosed heart conditions, no drugs or alcohol in his system, and that he had no conditions that could have been triggered by the caffeine intake.

It is recommended by The American Academy of Pediatrics that adolescents, age 12 to 18, should not consume more than 100 milligrams of caffeine per day.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From NOW 100.5 FM

Get The App
Follow Us On Facebook

Listen Live