This is why I always get iced coffee, even in the winter.
According to Huffington Post, Joanne Mogavero is a 43 year old woman from Florida and a mother of 3. She was at a Starbucks drive thru when the lid came off of her hot Pike Place coffee as it was being handed to her through the window. The lid either wasn’t on properly or was defective and she suffered from first and second degree burns. She was awarded $85,000 for pain and suffering (she was permanently scarred) and $15,000 for medical bills.