Parents are furious at a grocery store that sold them “Scooby Snacks” treats and they fed them to their kids – but they’re dog treats. See what happened….
Nzherald.co.nz says that the furious parents picked up the “Scooby Snacks” next to the chips, so they assumed that they were snacks for people – NOT DOGS!
One parents said:
“I got these today not knowing they were dog food [and] tried giving one to my 1 year old. Lucky he wasnt hungry and I ended up eating one and spitting it back out followed by reading the packet more.”
The confusion happened because the store also sells Scooby Doo cookies that ARE intended for human consumption.
The article says that the grocery store owners have apologized for the mistake. Meanwhile, staff at local preschools are checking lunch boxes for the snacks before young children have a chance to eat them.